RD Enable CL
RD Enable CL allows you to remotely enable Remote Desktop connections on a computer running Windows XP Professional Edition. It is designed for use by administrators within a domain environment. RD Enable overcomes the need for physical access to a remote computer which has not been previously configured to accept Remote Desktop connections. This version works from the command line. For a GUI version see: RD Enable XP
- Version 1.0
- Windows 7 Professional
- Tested and works correctly
- Windows XP Professional Edition
- Works as described in this document.
Download the Remote Desktop Enable Zip file below, unzip, then call the exe program from the comand line. By downloading you are confirming your agreement to the disclaimer below.
- You download and use this program at your own risk.
- The author cannot be held responsible in any way for your use of this program.
- The author makes no guarantee that this program will function as expected.
- Do not download the file if you do not agree with these terms.
Download and Contents:
- RD_Enable_CL_v1.zip (Version 1.0)
- rdecl.exe (Program)
Instructions for use:
- Unzip the RD_Enable_CL_v1.zip archive to a folder on your computer.
- See readme for usage information or call rdecl /?
RD Enable CL works as follows:
- Checks to see if the local computer is online.
- Attempts to edit the remote system registry.
- (Optional) Prompts to launch remote desktop and connect to the remote computer.
- You must be logged on to the local computer with an account that has administrative privileges on the remote computer.
- The remote computer must allow ICMP connectivity and remote registry connections.